The Economy of Qatar showed another evidence of its successful and thriving growth as it bags a higher spot in the Global Peace Index. Qatar topped in the region of Middle East and North African (MENA). This index was made known by the Australian based Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP).
Qatar has taken the lead among Arab countries and ranked in the 12th spot in the world among 153 countries. The economy of Qatar once again advanced its position in comparison of last year’s result.
Globally, the Economy of Qatar came in advance of many countries such as Sweden (13), Bulgaria (14), Singapore (24), Britain (26), France (36), Italy (45) and the United States (82).
In comparison of other Arab countries, the economy of Qatar top billed the list placing ahead of Kuwait, Oman & even United Arab Emirates.
GPI is considered a leading indicator of world peace and a clear mark of a progressing and undisputed economy. Institute for Economics and Peace is a non-profit research institute that examines the relationship between economy, business and peace.
The index result is based on both quality and quantity surveys from different informative bodies in the world. If you are curious how the list is made, below are few of the factors, both internet and externals, that affects the ranking in GPI.
* Number of crimes in society
* Number of internal security officers and police
* Number of homicides per 100,000 people
* Ease of access to small arms and light weapons
* Level of organized conflict (internal)
* Likelihood of violent demonstrations
* Level of violent crime
* Political instability
* Level of disrespect for human rights (Political Terror Scale)
* Relations with neighboring countries
* Number of deaths from organized conflict
The assessment of countries is based in a 1-5 scale system, 1 being the highest and stable and 5 being the least peaceful. The overall rating for Economy of Qatar in term of GPI is 1.398. The organization even described the peace and stability of Qatar as model for other countries.
The report said that Qatar top scored in the following areas:
* Organized crime – (1)
* In number of homicides per 100,000 persons – (1)
* In Ease of access to small arms and light weapon – (2)
* In respect of human rights (1)
* In Criminality in society (1.5)
* In number of police and security officers per 100,000 persons (3)
In a personal point of view, I am agreeing with what has been indexed with the report. It is definite that the peaceful condition of the country contributes a lot in the Economy of Qatar. No sign of turmoil or any form of chaos between the government and the citizen. Local citizens of the country enjoy the comfort and importance that the government provides. While the laws are in favor of its countrymen, injustice to expats is not very visible. If this harmony continues to sway for another year, I won’t be surprised if the Economy in Qatar will advance to a higher spot next year.