The country of Qatar has been named one of the safest tourist destinations in the world. Within this country, there is an expansive coastline with several beaches, one of which is Dukhan Beach. Are you curious as to what you will find if you go visit this beach? Check out the snippets below!
- Dukhan Beach is located halfway along the western coastline of the Qatari peninsula, alongside the desert shoreline. This pristine beach is tucked deep inside the Arabian Gulf.
- The city of Dukhan is located at the center of the oil industry in Qatar and caters for the employees of Qatar Petroleum. Dukhan is a small city that attracts many visitors every year, thanks to its beautiful beach.
- Dukhan Beach is just about 80 kilometers west of Doha. It takes 45 minutes to get to this pristine location. You can, therefore, plan to take a day or afternoon trip from Doha to the beach, and be back before dark!
- Beach Access
- Guess what? This beach is public – you can go there whenever you want to, and walk as far as you want to go. Interestingly, despite the fact that the beach is open to all, it is very clean. Visitors do not leave behind any litter.
- Dress Code
- How should you dress when at the beach? Generally, men and women are expected to respect the Islamic culture and dress appropriately when on the beach. Women are advised to cover their knees and shoulders, and not wear tight and revealing bikinis and swimsuits. Men are advised to wear long shorts or trousers, and not walk around shirtless.
- These dress rules apply only to public beaches; at private resorts, the dress code is more relaxed.
- Expect to see lots of sand at Dukhan Beach. You will, however, need to wear beach shoes, as the water is lined with sharp rocks.
- Beach Activities
- At Dukhan Beach, many visitors enjoy paragliding, surfing, snorkeling, swimming, walking and picnicking. This beach records the highest tides along the entire Qatari coastline, making it perfect for surfers. You can also take your children to the beach, as the water is not too deep for them.
- Apart from the public beach, there are several resorts and hotels located along the Dukhan coastline. These resorts have temperature-controlled swimming pools that are used during the hot summer months.
- Interestingly, there are no restrooms or food stalls at Dukhan Beach! You, therefore, have to sort out your needs before you get there. There is, however, a picnic roof where you can take a break from swimming and shield yourself from the sun, as well as have a picnic lunch!
Dukhan Beach is definitely a place you should visit on your next trip to Qatar, whether as a tourist or on business. Be sure to slot in a day or an afternoon to drive there from Doha and sample the waves, snorkel, paraglide, or just relax on the beach!